Full Time Job (40 hours a week) with benefits
Compensation: $19.50/hr plus benefits through a combination of c3 and c4. Additional $2/hr for those who speak more than 2 languages fluently, one must be English, preference given to Spanish or a creole of the communities we serve.
The Coalition for Social Justice is dedicated to building a grassroots movement for progressive social
change viewed through a race and gender lens, rooted in communities that have been excluded from
the economic benefits of the current system. We have a dual focus: to recruit and develop leadership,
especially from low-income communities, and to build effective campaigns that address the economic
survival issues that our constituency faces. We build grassroots power through empowering low-income
voters, building a large network of volunteers, holding elected officials accountable and building broad
Essential Job Functions:
Execute a strategy that builds a network of volunteers, identifies leaders, and develops their outreach
skills. The focus will be on voter education and activation with populations facing economic survival
issues in Brockton, Randolph, Quincy, and Hyde Park.
Qualifications: Candidates should possess at least 9 months of previous field organizing experience, a
strong commitment to CSJ’s mission, philosophy, issues, and grassroots organizing.
- Convene and facilitate/co-facilitate meetings in target areas with individuals/local groups
- Coordinate regional training efforts
- Manage turf coverage, if available, with supporting organizations in the region
- Run high-capacity field programs for CSJ. These field campaigns should integrate voter contact, grassroots organizing on issues and leadership development
- Maintain the database, create lists track all voter contact in VAN
- Train and manage volunteers, leaders and outreach workers
- Attend coalition meetings as assigned
Required Attributes and Skills:
- Self-motivation, the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds.
- Organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines are a must
- Adaptable to changing needs and program priorities
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics- driven work environment
- Flexibility and temperament to work in a constantly changing political environment
- Positive attitude required, humor preferred
- Ability to use technology (smartphones, computers, video conference, online platforms) to communicate
- Spanish or Portuguese fluency
- Previous supervisor/management/lead organizer experience on a issue/political campaign
- Virtual Phone Bank/Hubdialer/ThruText experience
- Social Media Competency
- VAN or Nationbuilder experience
Role will report to Executive Director
Equal Opportunity Policy:
Coalition for Social Justice is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action. Coalition for Social Justice abides by applicable federal and state
constitutional and statutory processes mandating equal opportunity, including but not limited to the
14th Amendment of the United States Constitution, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, state and
federal Family and Medical Leave Acts, the American with Disabilities Act and other relevant statutes.
To Apply: Send a resume and informal cover letter about your interest to Deb Fastino, Executive Director at