Bus Riders United (BRU) is a group of bus riders, Community Economic Development Center, Arnold M. Dubin Labor Education Center, Amalgamated Transit Union Local 174, Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1037, and Coalition for Social Justice working to expand and improve public transportation in Southeastern, MA.
BRU formed in 2011 with the platform of expanding bus service past 6:00 pm and adding Sunday bus service.
BRU HAS WORKED TO:
- increase Transparency in SRTA.
- bring back Monday holiday bus service.
- restructure the SRTA fare system.
- stop exorbitant fare hikes on Demand Response bus riders.
- extend Demand Response bus services.
- extend evening bus service on 9 SRTA routes.
- advocate for evening bus service on all routes, and Sunday bus service.
- We still have a lot of work to do to ensure SRTA , the state and federal government listens to the needs of bus riders and so we can create change for the benefit of those who rely on the bus service.
To become a member, contact the organizer, Sabrina Davis at sab.cndavis @ gmail.com